Monday, February 7, 2011

"Mama said there'd be days like this.."

I don't even know how it happened.

I was getting out 2 cans of dr. pepper to put in the refrigerator. I grabbed one can and then as soon as I touched the second can it exploded on me. It slipped out of my hand and fell on the floor and just spewed dr. pepper everywhere. I mean e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. I just stood there in shock. I didn't know what to do first. I looked in the mirror and saw my clothes soaked and watched as the dr. pepper rolled down my face, arms, and legs.

I was upset because I had just mopped my floors and washed my rugs this past weekend. I didn't know if I was supposed to clean the floor first or get in the shower first. However, once I realized I was standing in a puddle of dr. pepper, commonsense kicked in and I knew I needed to take a quick shower.

I soaked up the rest of the dr. pepper from the floor up with towels and had no choice but to go wash the towels and rugs again. As I walked to my front door I noticed there were some brown spots on the bottom of the door. I was amazed that the it had spewed that far. I reached up to unlatch my door and then I saw it.

Simultaneously, I said, "OH. MY. GOSH." as the towels slipped from my hand. I took a step back, with my jaw almost touching the floor from my state of shock, as I realized the horror that lay in front of me.

There were dr. pepper spots all the way up my door. I took a step back as my eyes followed the brown spots all the way up to my ceiling.  I then noticed that my wall was covered and dripping in dr. pepper. My WHOLE kitchen was dripping in dr. pepper literally.

How could this all come from 1 can??

I slipped on my yoga flip flops and went to go throw the towels and rugs in the washer. I noticed my shoes were sticky since the dr. pepper had decided to attacked them as well. I rinsed off my flip flops with the water hose before I went back up stairs. When I took my first steps something sounded weird. I looked down and white stuff was coming out of my shoes. A few step later I realized it was soap coming out of my shoes. Why in the world would there be soap in my flip flops?? Suddenly I remembered that there was powder laundry detergent surrounding the washers that I must have stepped in.

I just stared at my soapy flip flops and thought of the mess that was awaiting me and said, "Why me?"

20 clorox wipes, standing on: chairs, table, kitchen counter, and an hour later I had the mess cleaned up. At one point I was jumping on my chair to reach the middle of my ceiling to clean the dr. pepper spots and mumbling how I hate my life. (I can be a bit dramatic)

As I was leaving to go to class this afternoon a downpour of rain came out of no where. I went to go grab my rain jacket and then remembered that I had washed it with the towels because it was soaking in dr. pepper too.

Today was not my day.

I told my mom that I would not be surprised if I had ants or geckos attack my apartment because I had probably missed dr. pepper somewhere and they were coming after the sugar. As I was leaving tonight, I saw a gecko near my door. (on the outside) I yelled at it to go away and threw my keys at it. My neighbor saw me and thought I was crazy. I just smiled and walked off.

The culprit 

My ceiling... 

I hope your Monday was better than mine.

P.S. Don't be surprised if a new gecko story arises soon. I have a feeling one is lurking around.

Why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment