Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Zip-lining...

I surprised my sister with a trip to Kauai and we went Zip-lining!!  Even though Hawaii doesn't technically have a 'winter' season compared to the rest of the continental 48, it does get quite chilly here with the trade winds. I made the arrangements a couple of weeks in advance and at the time it said that the day I had picked was the warmest day of that week.

The day before we went zip-lining I checked the weather and it was just my luck and we had flash flood warnings. Normally weather here just passes through in a couple of hours but this front was going to stay on the islands for the whole day. We wake up the next morning and of course it is pouring rain. Luck was not on our side early that morning: Our flight got delayed due to the weather, the rental car worker told us we wouldn't be able to make to Outfitters Kauai because the roads were flooded, and once we got to Outfitters Kauai our tour guides wanted to wait out the rain.

Our guides decided that we would go ahead and leave even though it was raining. As soon as we got in the van it stopped raining and it didn't rain again until we were on the van back to the company. We went with Outfitters Kauai and did ZipLine Nui Loa.

Before our first ZipLine



We Repelled/ ZipLined over the waterfall



We ZipLined from one side of the mountain to the other. 
There goes Katie! We were ZipLining side by side.
(Katie has pictures of me, but I still haven't seen those)

No comments:

Post a Comment