Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mini Golf...

My sister flew back with me for a week after Christmas. Whenever my sister and I spend an extended about of time together, I never know exactly how things will turn out because my sister and I are night and day different. I like to tell people that we only have 3 things that are similar: Our morals, beliefs, and we cheer for the same football team.

We don't even really look alike. She has a type A personality and I am type B. She likes pale/neutral colors and I like bright and vibrant colors. She is a rule follower and I believe rules are meant to be broken. She got me to high school on time and I was always late when I drove myself. She is book smart and I am commonsense smart. She likes flat or small heels and I like big and pointy toed heels. She would rather wear nice pants and I would rather wear a dress. My sister is fine not being the center of attention and I love being the center of attention. She loves country music and I hate country music. She likes things to be done in a systematically order and me: What's a systematically order?

While she was here we decided to play a game of mini golf. This conversation will show you just how different we really are.

"Now is it a 5 stroke limit or a 6 stroke limit?" - Katie

"What?" - Anna

"There is a limit to how many times you can try to hit the ball in the hole ." - Katie


"Oh, I just hit the ball into it goes in. I don't think it really matters." - Anna

"It matters. Now do we need to go over the rules before we start the game?" - Katie

"There are rules? What rules?" - Anna

"Yes, we need to decide if you hit the ball off the green does it count as a stroke or not to put it back on the green? " - Katie

"That's a rule?? I really don't care, I say lets just hit the ball. You could hit the ball 10 times if you wanted too and it wouldn't bother me." - Anna 

"My boyfriend and I always have to state the rules before each game so there is no confusion later on when a situation occurs." - Katie 

"David and I never really play with rules. He just lets me hit the ball until I get it in the hole." - Anna 


We ended up playing a good game of mini golf with as few rules as possible. Guess who ended up winning?? (the non-rule follower)

No comments:

Post a Comment