Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When it rains it pours..

When it rains it pours and I am in need of an umbrella...

I knew it was only a matter of time. I knew they would come. I just didn't know when.

I saw the army of ants crawling across my floor to reach the dr. pepper spots that I had missed. My first instinct was to kill them. Then I realized I could actually use these ants to my benefit to find out where I had missed the dr. pepper.  Once I found the source of their dr. pepper, I used my trusty Raid can and demolished the intruders.

I decided to make chocolate chip pancakes for lunch today. I love chocolate chip pancakes and I hadn't made them in awhile, so I was really excited. I had everything mixed and only needed to add the Bisquick. I opened the box and see little black spots in the Bisquick. I turned on the light to get a closer look and all of a sudden one of the black spots started moving. I have no idea how many there were. I had another box of pancake mix (obviously I like pancakes) and sure enough the little black bugs, Weevils, had infested that box as well. I shook my head, let out a heavy sigh, and started looking through the rest of my food to make sure it hadn't been taken over by weevils. Thankfully only two other things had weevils.

I went to go grab lunch instead because I didn't trust my food. I brought pasta home and decided that it needed some parmesan cheese. The parmesan people need to figure out how to better store their product. Everyone knows that when you get the parmesan out there is probably going to be a big clump of parmesan stuck together in the middle of the bottle. Sure enough, there was a clump of parmesan in the middle of my bottle. Automatically, I begin to shake the bottle of parmesan and one side of the cap, the one with the big hole which I never open, pops open in mid shake. Parmesan goes everywhere. I stared at the parmesan on my floor, which I just mopped twice the day before because of the dr. pepper, and said, "I really dislike my life right now."

I am not sure if I am ready for Wednesday.

Score: Monday 1, Anna 0
           Tuesday 3, Anna 0

I am not liking these odds.


P.S. I really do love my life. I just don't like when these things happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment