Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Food Pyramid...

Since multi-tasking is not a skill I lack, I was shopping and talking on the phone at the same time. I had gotten everything on my shopping list except for the granny smith apples.

Why do grocery stores feel the need to put food in pyramids?

I feel like my grocery store puts all the food that could fall into pyramids in the middle of the produce section, instead of the chilled shelfs against the wall. I had already gotten my potatoes and onions from a pyramid without trouble so I was confident that picking a couple of apples would not be an issue.

Little did I know that the apples had other plans.

Naturally, I went for the apples on top of the pyramid first but of course they had some bad spots. While continuing to talk on the phone, I carefully moved the apples around to find some good apples. Finally, I found one good apple to put in my cart. When is one of anything ever enough?

I went back to grab my second apple and all my mom heard on the other line of the phone was me saying, "OH gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh!! The apples are falling everywhere!" Green apples were flying everywhere. I felt like I was in a movie because apples were rolling under people's grocery carts, rolling between people's legs, and halfway across the store. Not sure of what to do next, I stood there for a second to see if anything would happen. I looked around expecting a grocery store worker to say something to me and realized no one had even noticed what had just happened. People were walking around the store grabbing their produce like any other day. How do you not see green apples all over the floor?

I picked the apples up and put them on an empty cart, so I didn't have to put them back on the pyramid. One would think I had just learned my lesson and wouldn't go back to the apple pyramid. However, I hadn't gotten my second apple. I went back to get my second apple and couple apples shifted. I decided to take the hint and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment