Saturday, July 31, 2010

Look - a - likes...

My whole life I have always had random people come up to me and always claim they know me. 100% of the time I have never known who they are. Half of the time they tell me who I remind them of or who I look like, but they never say if it's good or bad. The conversation always goes like this:

Random Stranger - "Hey! Have we met before? You look so familiar?"

Me - "Nope, I am pretty sure we have never met."

Random Stranger - "Are you sure we have never met? I swear I have seen you before."

Me - "Yup, we have never met. I just have one of those familiar faces. People think they know me all the time."


Random Stranger - "You look exactly like (fill in the blank).


Me - "Oh ok... cool, is that good?"


Random Stranger - "Yeah of course!"


But who is really ever going to say no?? So who knows if they are telling the truth.


Well, today I was walking into Walmart and the greeter said hello like always. I see the same greeter every time I go to Walmart. I live on an island, of course I am going to see the same people over and over again. I did my shopping and leave going through the same door as I came in. As I am leaving, I start to hand my receipt to the same greeter that said hello earlier and she does a double take and starts staring at me. Her eyes get huge and her jaw drops. Of course I turn around to look behind me because I think she is staring at something interesting. However, there is nothing there, so I continue to leave while she stares. She snaps her self out of it when I got closer and apologized. She said that I looked exactly like Britney Spears and she thought I was her. I didn't even know what to say. Was she kidding? Did she mean the crazy Britney Spears who shaves her head or Britney Spears the teen pop star? She didn't specify. Was that a compliment? We don't look anything a like.

Comparisons:
Anna - Brown Hair, Britney - Blonde Hair
Anna - Blue Eyes, Britney - Brown Eyes
Anna - Wearing shoes, Britney - Barefoot and pregnant walking in a gas station

I think there are some obvious differences.. Did she mean it in a good way or bad way? Why didn't I ask?

I did an uncomfortable laugh because I couldn't figure out how to respond and just walked out the door.
The whole way to my car I thought did she mean that in a good way or bad way.... I guess I will never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment