Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beach Barbie...

        Beach Barbie... that is exactly what I thought when I first met Laura almost 5 years ago. I met her on move in day my freshman year of college. She is apart of some of my very first and fond memories of college. Most people say that you make friends your freshmen year of college and then lose touch as you meet new people. Obviously, we beat the odds. In those first few moments I would have never guessed that she would still be one of my best friends 5 years later. (Along with our 10 other best girl friends - 12 total.. but I will save that for another post)
       We have seen each other through relationships, horrible caf food, dress malfunctions at formals, classes that make you want to shoot yourself, being constantly threatened to be written up for being to loud by the RA and RD but never were because they were scared of us (correction: scared of Laura because she stood up to them while the rest of us would hide in the closest or under the beds), and some of the best years of our lives.
       When Laura told me that her and her family would be visiting in July, I was more than excited! They visited a few other islands and mine was their last stop. I always get really excited when people come visit me. Every time someone comes and visits me I always feel I might cry when I first see them, but I hadn't yet. Well.. I hadn't until I saw Laura.  I hadn't seen her since New Year's Eve, 7 months ago. 7 months is the longest amount of time we had spent apart in 4 years. When Laura and I first saw each other we both started crying because we were so happy to see one another. I can't put into words how close our group of girl friends are, but it feels like you are coming home to family when we are together. (I have no idea if that makes sense to anyone else but me... oh well) We picked up right where we had left off and it felt like the 7 months never existed.
          Anyways, Laura and I went all over the island. Seriously... She saw every coast that I was able to show her. We got to swim with sea turtles. Literally, we were so close I thought one was going to bite Laura's finger. We went to Pearl Harbor, searched for Dog the Bounty Hunter, and saw the Black Pearl ship. (They are filming the next movie out here) I introduced her my new obsession, The Pioneer Woman. You can view her blog here. Basically, we were beach bums that had in-depth discussions, laughed still our stomachs hurt, and had the best time. There are so many stories that I could write, but they probably wouldn't funny to anyone but us. Needless to say, I didn't want her to go back. Here are a few pictures of her trip here. I am convincing her to come back again!! Love you Laura
Last Night here

      

No comments:

Post a Comment