Friday, July 16, 2010

My Tutu..



My tutu (means grandmother in Hawaiian) has read the whole Bible more times than anyone else I know. She ends every card that she sends with "May God Bless You" and ends every phone call with "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She never meets a stranger and will welcome anyone into her house, that is of course after they have washed their hands. She loves to have everything clean and I swear she keeps the Bounty paper towel company in business with how many rolls she goes through in a week. However, my grandmother is infamous for one thing in particular.
                      "Her children grew up thinking that all food tasted better burnt"

I found this magnet the other day and couldn't resist not buying it for my grandmother (It is in the mail being sent to her as you read this). Don't get me wrong, my grandmother is a good cook. However, when it comes to cooking anything in the oven she tends to cook it longer than it necessarily needs to be cooked... a.k.a - burnt. She doesn't believe in pre-heating her oven. After much grief from her grandchildren and only being able to eat the top part of the rolls because the other half was burnt to the pan, she will now pre-heat her oven. I can distinctly remember when I was growing up how my younger cousin and I would drop her rolls on the table and would wait to hear a big thud. 

As I was taking pictures of this magnet and chuckling to myself because I was imagining my grandmothers reaction for when she saw this magnet, karma decided to strike. I was cooking dinner at the same time while taking pictures and forgot that I had rolls in the oven... I burnt them. Looks like the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I was just there this weekend...the magnet is on the frig!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete