Saturday, July 17, 2010

3 inches short..

 "It's shorter by 3 inches! A dress Especially Proportioned for the Shorter Woman." - the tag on my formal Hawaiian dress that I had to buy to judge the beauty pageant.

There is only one problem...it's 3 inches short.

I am not a tall person, but I am not short either. However, EVERY dress had the "its 3 inches shorter" tag on it. As soon as I stepped into the dress section my first reaction was, "Is it to late to call and cancel.. I don't know if I can wear this.."





   
I just stared at the clothing racks trying to find something that I remotely liked. I shortly gave up on that idea and just started grabbing dresses with colors that I liked. As I was trying these dresses on it hit me that I was probably going to be the tallest person there. (Hence the phrase on my dress tag and the fact that most Filipino and Hawaiian women are short) 

Basically, I will be the only non Filipino there with her ankles showing because her dress is 3 inches to short... 







No comments:

Post a Comment