Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Gecko Saga..


I came home tonight and found a GECKO IN MY APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So after I freaked out/hyperventilated/almost cried/talked to myself/tried to catch it with a cup/prayed it would leave/ I decided to eat because I was hungry. But I could not sit still knowing that it was in my apartment. I went to look for it again, trying to catch it with a HUGE cup and it went in between the books on the bottom portion of my night stand. I had NO idea what I was going to do. I was thinking if only I had duck tape I would tape this whole night stand. I thought about it and I remembered that I had shelving paper (you know the sticky clear contact paper you put on the bottom of your shelf). So I covered the ENTIRE opening of my night stand with the sticky side of the shelving paper facing the books! Then I taped down the edges with packaging tape. I also taped the drawer shut (I don't know why, it seemed like a good idea at the time). I have no idea what I am going to do now, but I am just going to wait. Thankfully, David will be here tomorrow and I plan on him taking care of it. This all happened within 5 minutes of my walking through the door. 

I googled how to get geckos out of your house and the best solution was to freeze them out...I live in Hawaii...when will it ever be freezing? My air conditioning has been on, but we will see how it goes.. Future apology to my parents- I am sorry for the high electricity bill for May, blame the gecko. I will keep you updated on the status on Anna vs the gecko..



(This is the first story that I ever wrote. This began the discussion of me starting a blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment