Monday, July 26, 2010

The Gecko Saga Continues...



* Warning Stop Reading Now if you are in favor for the gecko*

Well well well, Just when I thought luck was on my side, the gecko decided to show back up. I will pick up from where I left off from my last email about the gecko. Last time I informed you the gecko was trapped in my nightstand. 

I just knew when I woke up the next morning that the gecko would be stuck to the sticky contact paper, because I knew that I had out smarted the gecko. The alarm went of the next morning and no gecko. I thought to myself, I am sure the gecko is just hiding behind the books, but I still wasn't going to touch it because David was flying in that day and I knew he would handle it. ( I mean what's the point of having a man in your life if they won't take care of unwelcome animals in your house?) I picked David up from the airport and informed him of the gecko that was trapped in my nightstand and he was more than willing to conquer the task, I think he was even excited. He asked how large it was (he was wondering if he was going to have to wrestle to the ground...oh david) and what color it was. I don't know if I stated that in my last email, but the gecko was a cream color... the same color as my floors...the same color as my walls.. AND the same color of my ceiling. Talk about finding a needle in a haystack. I told him that it was only about 4 to 5 inches long (so no need for wrestling), cream colored, and fast. He was confident in being able to catch it and my only request was for him to do it when I was at work or else I would be screaming and jumping around if I was there. After work I picked him up and he said that the gecko was NOT in the nightstand. He said that he searched everywhere in my apartment for the gecko and couldn't find it. He was confident that gecko was not in my apartment. I was still a little iffy because I felt like the gecko was hiding (I mean the sneaky sucker got out of my highly intelligent trap,at least I thought so, last time). I never saw the gecko the whole week David was here. I kept my air conditioning on at night to try to "freeze" the gecko out. I hadn't see the gecko all this week either, so I was in high spirits. I need to mention, that I am still a little iffy to open my night stand. I mean, I do open it to get my chap stick out every night, but I always bang on the nightstand before I open it. In my mind, banging on it will scare the gecko away from the opening (I know it sounds weird, but just go with it). 

This now brings us to today. You know when you are talking about someone and then they walk in and you say "Well speaking of the devil." I talked about the gecko twice today with Katie and Mamabill. Alas, I should have known better. I was out of milk and some other things and decided this was a great time to go do my shopping. After running my errands, I pulled into my apartment and decided that I could carry everything up in one load, two bags for each hand, while carrying a big purse, and holding my keeps to get into my gate and door. (Side note: A month or two after I moved here, I came home one night, unlocked my door as usual and saw a gecko scurry in my apartment when I opened the door. I screamed and closed the door and the gecko came back out once I closed the door. Because of this incident I was always check around my door to make sure that no geckos are chilling my door waiting to sneak in.) I walked to my door, did a quick glance because the bags were heavy, didn't see anything and I opened my door. Low and behold sitting on the wood frame in the small space between the door and the frame was that cream gecko. I froze not really sure what to do, but instinct/ adrenaline, or both kicked in and I was not going to let that gecko back into my house, I didn't know if it was trying to get in or if it was trying to get out, it didn't matter to me. Still holding everything in my hands and still grasping the door handle, I put my foot between the gecko and my apartment and kicked it behind me. I checked to make sure that it had been moved and as I turned my head I saw something go flying between the bars off the second floor balcony. I quickly entered my apartment, closed and locked the doors. I checked to make sure no gecko came in with me and then took a deep breathe as a sign for victory. Which I followed with the comment "Yeah.. and tell that to your friends too!" 

Score: Gecko 1, Anna 1


No comments:

Post a Comment