Friday, August 27, 2010

Shoes...

I love shoes. I need shoes. I want shoes.

You might call it a slight obsession...

Shoes define you as a person.

I feel like you can tell what type of person someone is by what type of shoes they wear. Some people buy the outfit and then buy shoes to go with it. I am the exact opposite. I buy the shoes first and then look for an outfit to match them.

Living on an island has decreased my shoe collection, sadly. (You can only fit so many shoes in a suitcase) I only brought 8 pairs of sandals with me to the island and that is the least amount of shoes I have ever had when I lived somewhere. I miss my heels. (There is just something about putting on beautiful heels that just makes you feel good inside)


Anyways, my obsession got the best of me recently. I haven't really bought shoes since I lived here, but I caved in last weekend and got new heels!!!! I LOVE them!
Right before I went shopping I was on the phone with my dad and this is how it went:

"Hey Daddy, guess what I am going to do?? I am going to buy new shoes!!" - Anna

" (Heavy sigh) Oh Lord help me..." - Dad

"Daddy, I haven't bought shoes ALL year and I have been waiting for this moment and I am going to enjoy it." - Anna

"What kind of shoes are you going to get? (with the sound of agony in his voice)" - Dad

"I am going to get black heels!!" - Anna

"Anna, You have 3 dozen pair of black heels at home. (He was exaggerating) How many blacks heels does a person need? Aren't they all the same?" - Dad

"Daddy, don't be ridiculous, those are not in season anymore." - Anna

"What do you mean they aren't in season? Black shoes are always in season." - Dad

"What do you know about seasons anyways. You only own 3 pairs of shoes." - Anna

"Anna, just remember money does not buy you happiness." - Dad

"Well... money buys shoes, shoes make me happy, so in a round about way money does buy happiness..." - Anna

"Just don't get too crazy" - Dad


I love my new shoes...

I was watching the TV show "I Love Lucy" and she is the same way with her hats. If you watch the video it is when Ethel covers her eyes when the walk in the hat shop. That is how I am with shoes. The first video is the first section and the second video is the last section.
Click here: http://www.filmclassics.byethost18.com/?p=727

No comments:

Post a Comment