Monday, August 30, 2010

Fall...

I love Fall.
      It is one of my favorite seasons. I love it when the weather turns cooler, but standing in the sunlight still keeps you warm. I love it because the leaves start to change colors. The Fall always brings out the sensation of a new year starting. (I know the year technically starts in January, but the Fall will always be the beginning of the year in my eyes... I have been in school for too long) Fall also means that football season is upon us. I love football. Well, I love the University of Alabama football, my boyfriend says there is a difference (but what does he know) because I don't care about any other football team, but why would I? I don't think I realized how much I loved Fall or football until I moved to Hawaii, where the leaves will always be green and high school football will always be more important than college football.


     My family has had season tickets to the University of Alabama since I was 3. I spent almost every Saturday during Fall at the University of Alabama growing up. I didn't know there was anything different. Seriously. I remember being in 7th grade and asking my good friend what he was doing that Fall weekend. He wasn't sure. I thought he misunderstood me, I repeated myself and asked him what football game he was going too. He said he had NEVER been to a college game. Me: Mind Blown. I was in disbelief he had never been to a college football game. What else is there to do on a Saturday?


From my perspective, Growing up in an Alabama Football household means:


1. There is no other football team more important that University Alabama
2. Any team with the color orange in their school colors are our mortal enemies (especially if blue is the other color)
3. Saturdays mean waking up early to travel to the football game
4. We didn't own anything that was orange
5. I was not allowed to color orange and blue beside each other (I honestly don't know if my parents made this rule or if I made it up myself. But even to this day I will not put orange and blue beside each other, it's just not right)
6. We are not allowed to get married in the Fall because my dad would not pay for it or attend the wedding because he would be in the Stadium (He is not a mean guy, he just loves his football)
7. Don't be a fair weather fan. Support your team through good and bad (fair weather fans get on my nerves btw)
8. If the game is an away game, EVERY t.v. in our house will have the game on it.
9. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (I think they bribed me with these to go to the games... it worked)
10. Rain, shine, snow, tornado, or hurricane, if the game is still on we are going.
11. It is never just a game.
These are the things that I learned growing up. I probably made the majority of these up and just thought my parents taught me these things, but either way I still believe them all.


This past year I wasn't able to go to any regular season games, which made me more sad than I would have ever thought. I didn't realize how much Alabama football was apart of who I was until I wasn't able to go to the games.
However, I did get to go to the National Championship!
Before the game, Texas fans still looking happy...


National Champions!
2nd National Championship Game our Family has attended and seen Alabama win!
I will actually get to go to 2 season games this year and I couldn't be more excited! 


Here are a couple of videos to get you excited about the season starting this Saturday. 
Look at below 2 post. It would not let me add them to this post.





No comments:

Post a Comment