Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Anna, Don't step in the... ugh" - Mom

My mom flew in this past Wednesday and we have been having a great time!

Today, I took her on her surprise day! She had no idea what we were doing all day, she tried to trick me to tell her but I wouldn't budge.  I have been planning this day for weeks! 

Here is a run down of what we did:

Breakfast at Cinnamon's Restaurant. This was featured on the Food Network on a Rachel Ray segment. They are known for their Red Velvet Pancakes... one word: AMAZING.

 Guava Chiffon Pancakes

Red Velvet Pancakes




After the amazing pancakes we went in search for "The Black Pearl." They are filming the 4th Pirates of the Caribbean here. I have seen the 'Black Pearl'  several times but we couldn't find it today. However, we will find it within the next week!

Next on to her surprise! She was a little nervous not knowing what I had planned. (I don't know why she was nervous, my surprises are always good and she always ends up loving them.) We arrived at Kualoa Ranch. I had taken my family to Kualoa Ranch for a Movie tour in March, so she was throughly confused, which is exactly the way I liked it. At the Ranch you can do a multiple of things: Horseback riding, Movie Tour, Jungle Expedition, Ocean Excursive, ATV, and a petting zoo. Can you guess which one I took her on??

ATV through the Kualoa Mountains!
When I first told her what we were doing she was a little 'apprehensive.' (That is the exact word she used) I figured if she could jump out of an airplane she could drive an ATV. I told her she would thank me at the end of it.

She LOVED it!

"They see me rollin' they hatein.." - Camillionaire 
We had a great time!
After we drove the ATV's through the mountains we went to eat dinner at Bob's Boston Pizza. One slice is 1/4 of the pizza. HUGE pieces for only $5. Its the best pizza on the island! Then we went to watch fireworks on the beach, watched live bands play at hotels, and finished the night off with Menchies - frozen yogurt. (Cake batter, red velvet, cookies and cream yogurt toped with small chunks of cheesecake and actual red velvet cake squares.. that's my kind of yogurt)

Just another day in Paradise..

P.S. How the title "Anna, Don't step in the... ugh" - Mom, came from:
We were walking to go see the Jurassic Park log, (the one they hid behind when the dinosaur was after them), and I wasn't watching wear I was walking. At that moment, in a sudden of panic voice my mom says:
 "Watch were you are walking!! Don't step in that Cow poop!!" - Mom

....but I had already put my foot down...

"Ohhhh I thought it was a rock..." - Anna

"No Anna...you do realize this is a cow pasture." - Mom

"Nope... good thing it wasn't fresh." - Anna

'Heavy sigh and roll of the eyes' - Mom




Have a good weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment