Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baking Soda...

I remember my first day of my Junior year in high school.

I remember running to my class because the bell had rung and I was late for my first day of class. *Side note: My sister drove me to school my freshman and sophomore year of high school. I was never late because someone wanted to leave ridiculously early from my house... but I won't mention any names. Needless to say, when my sister moved to college and I left when wanted to... I was late.* I walked into my first class and it was physics. I feel like the words 'Anna' and 'Physics' should never be put in the same sentence. Anyways, I remember my teacher introducing the class to what physics was all about:

"Have you ever wondered what the building blocks of matter are?" - Mr. Woods

(I didn't even understand the question...) - My thoughts 

"Have you ever wondered if you shot a bullet straight up in the air, will it come straight down?"- Mr. Woods

(No) - My thoughts

"Have you ever wondered how the golden gate bridge was built?" - Mr. Woods

(No) - My thoughts

"Have you ever wondered if you are driving 60mph, how long will it take you stop if you slam on your breaks?" - Mr. Woods

(No) - My thoughts

"Have you ever wondered what conditions that are needed for an object to maintain its state of motion, whether it is at rest or accelerating due to a constant force?" - Mr. Woods

(What?) - My thoughts

"Have you ever wondered how to determine the momentum before and after and inelastic collision?" - Mr. Woods





(No, Is this a joke? I turned to look at the rest of my class to see if anyone else looked confused) - My thoughts 

"Have you ever wondered how many cars can make it through a green light?" - Mr. Woods

(No) - My thoughts 

"If you answered yes to those questions, then you are in the right place!!" - Mr. Woods

(Ummm.... I don't care about any of those things. Is it to late to change classes? I'm 100% sure I am going to fail this class) - My thoughts

I stayed in the class for two more weeks then transfered into Botany. We had dead flies and would trick the Venus Fly Trap plants into closing. This was my kind of class. 

I bought Baking Soda the other day to place in my refrigerator. I thought Baking Soda has to be the weirdest product, but you can use it for everything. How does that work?

-Use it to eliminate odor 
-Use it to make cookies
-Use it if you have a stomach ache (that's on the box)
-Use it with toothpaste to make your teeth whiter
-Use it in your shampoo to make your hair healthier 
-Use it to clean with

Does no one else think that it is strange that you can cook with this product and clean with it? This doesn't add up to me. 

Why couldn't Mr. Woods teach this in my physics class?

No comments:

Post a Comment