Thursday, September 23, 2010

April Fool's Day...

Except is isn't April and I am the 'fool.'

A couple of Sunday's ago I had my alarm set for 9:30 am. Now, I know some of you are up and chipper by 7:00 am, but as for the rest of us, keep your chipper-ness to a minimum until 10 am when I can actual function please. Anyways, my alarm went off as usual and instead of looking at the alarm, I was still facing the wall, and just began slapping my hand against the clock, assuming I hit the snooze button because the beeping stopped. My church doesn't start until 11:00 am, so I could hit the snooze button a couple more times. As I was waiting for the alarm to annoyingly beep again, it didn't. I knew I hadn't turn the alarm off, so I rolled over to look at my clock. It was 10:40 am already!!! Where did the time go?! Why didn't my snooze go off again?? I was going to be late... well I am always late, but more late than normal!! I got up washed my faced, put on make-up, and turned on my straightener.

As I was waiting on my straightener to heat up, I turned on my computer to look on facebook. I decided that I probably needed to hurry and decided to look at the time on my computer. The time read 9:45 am!!! I was throughly confused! I looked back at my clock and then back to my computer and there was an hour time difference. I picked up my trusty phone and sure enough it was 9:45 am!! I hate wasting precious sleep time! I realized when I was slapping the clock earlier, I must have hit the hour button and got ready an hour early for nothing. I felt like someone had played an April Fool's Day joke on me, except I was the one who played the joke on myself.

I didn't find it funny.

I went back to sleep for 30 minutes. Somehow, I was still late fore church...

No comments:

Post a Comment