Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another Summer Day...

"Another summer day has come and gone away, in Paris and Rome, but I wanna go home..." - 'Home' by Michael Buble

I fly home in ONE WEEK!! I am so excited! I haven't been home since Christmas!! It has been too long!

I wonder if home has changed much?
I don't know how I will react to central air conditioning.
I am going to be able to drive farther than 30 miles.
I will be able to view more than 15 channels on a TV set.
I will be in the land of dishwashers.
Do people still say ma'am and sir?
Will I think southern accents sound weird?
I will be able to get to another state without taking an airplane.
Will I remember to leave my shoes on when I enter people's houses?
Will it be weird to not wear flip flops everyday?
I will be able to find parking without worrying about a tow truck or paying to park.
I will get to eat at all my favorite restaurants that I see on commercials but Hawaii doesn't have.
Will I accidently call people auntie and uncle?
I will be able to sit in a room with real windows and not hear what is going on outside.
Will I remember to not use pidgin english?

I am so excited and can't wait to come home!

"Another aeroplane, another sunny place, I'm lucky I know, but I wanna come home..." 'Home' by Michael Buble

No comments:

Post a Comment