Monday, November 8, 2010

The Twilight Zone...

The first time (out of two times) I ever got grounded was when I was 13 years old. It wasn't even my fault. I had gone to Movie Gallery with my dad and sister. While at Movie Gallery, we found a movie that 3 out of our 4 family members would approve to watch. I was finally 13 years old and could watch more 'intense' movies. My dad agreed that I was old enough, so we rented it and went home. I went running into the kitchen to show my mom the movie that we rented (even though she wouldn't watch it) because I was so excited. It would be my first 'scary' movie, "The Haunting." My mom wasn't extremely thrilled and responded with something along the lines of how I wasn't going to watch that because I wasn't old enough. Obviously, I disagreed and explained to her how dad had already approved of allowing me to watch the movie. (My dad was in the kitchen during this conversation, but somehow I don't remember anything he said in this conversation) Instead of my mom getting mad at my dad, which would be the obvious choice since he approved it, I ended up getting the short end of the stick. My mom ended up grounding me for bringing the movie home. Nevertheless, I ended up watching the movie and I refuse to watch it again. I don't remember a lot about the movie, but I do remember be freaked out by the main girl character. She just looks scary. After that movie, I have come to terms that I don't like scary movies.

My dad and sister love Alfred Hitchcock movies. I remember watching "The Birds." Every time I saw a huge group of birds in a tree or on the power lines I was always afraid they were going to come and attack me.

My dad used to watch "The Twilight Zone" when I was in middle school and high school. I would watch some of them with him every now and then. They were old shows, so how scary could they get? Until one fatal night a doll came to life and started killing people. NEVER. AGAIN. I don't even like to hear the music to beginning of the show.

This all brings me back to last night. I had turned off my bedside table lamp and stayed up doing some homework on my computer. Shortly after I decided to go to sleep and turned off my computer. I had been laying in bed for about 10 minutes when I was suddenly startled. I sleep facing the wall and I was almost asleep when a bright light came from no where. I knew it wasn't morning and I was thoroughly confused. I turned around and my bedside table lamp was on. I freaked out.

This is not the first time this has happened. Last time, I woke up the next morning and the light was on. I told everyone about that situation, but they said that I must had just left it on. I knew I didn't leave it on.

Of course I couldn't go back to sleep because I was scared. I turned the TV on and an infomercial smoothed me to sleep.

How does my light get back on?

I swear I feel like I live in the twilight zone...

No comments:

Post a Comment