Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloween...

Halloween was never been a big deal growing up. I don't enjoy being scared or seeing people in scary costumes. However, Halloween in Hawaii is a HUGE ordeal. People started asking me in May what I was going to be for Halloween. My response, "You do realize Halloween is not until October, so I haven't even thought about it." People always want to do group costumes and like to plan in advance. I am not much of a planner for Halloween and I like to do last minute costumes, but somehow I always end up agreeing to be apart of a group... that is until I change my mind last minute.

For example: Last year I was suppose to be Peter Pan. Day of Halloween I didn't like that costume idea anymore, so I decided to be a grape instead.
I was a green grape
This year I was supposed to be the Witch from The Wizard of Oz. I never liked The Wizard of Oz. However, I changed my mind a day before Halloween. My friends and I decided to be a basketball team. 
Can you tell which one I am?
Halloween is so big here that they close down the streets to Waikiki. It's insane. You can't walk in anywhere due to the insane amount of people. 

Besides dressing up for Halloween, there is (correction: was) another part of Halloween that I enjoyed. I loved carving pumpkins. Do you know why people carve pumpkins in the Fall weather and not Summer weather? Coming from the land of endless summer weather I do... 

Pumpkin story tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment