Thursday, November 4, 2010

18 or older...

I remember when my sister couldn't wait to turn 18 years old and she couldn't wait to go to college. I remember her saying, "6 more months, I will be 18 and I will off to college." "2 more months I will be 18 and I will be off to college." I remember being excited about turning 18, but it wasn't necessarily about leaving to go to college.

Turning 18 meant that I could finally purchase things off infomercials!!! I love infomercials!

I remember when I was in high school or middle school and waking up early (10:00 am) to watch infomercials. I would watch the whole infomercial and try to convince my parents that we really needed it! They never caved in, but I would tell them, "Just wait until I am 18 and I am going to buy all these things!"

Well, last night I could not fall asleep, so I turned on the TV and one of my favorite infomercials was on! Miracle Blade with Chef Tony! It is the infomercial that sell the knives that can cut through anything! They can cut through a coke can, a frozen turkey, cut shavings off the hammer head, then cut a tomato without making it mushy, and then slice through a watermelon/ pineapple with one cut! These knives are awesome, plus they never need to be sharpened! Then at the end of the infomercial they tell you all of the things that you get with the knives! It is like a $300 value for 1 easy payment of $39.99. You can't beat that type of deal..


On of my all time favorites was called 'Liquid Leather Repair Kit.' Do you remember this? It is where you can rip your leather chair and then put the same color paint on it and it repairs it like it is brand new! I wanted this one soooooo bad! My dad has a leather chair in our living room and I always wanted to make a tiny cut in it and then repair it with Liquid Leather to see if it really worked!!
HOW does this work??? Isn't amazing!

Here are a couple of my favorites:

The clapper. How cool would it be to lay in bed and clap the lights on and off?!

Spray on Hair: If only I knew someone bald that would let me spray this on their head...
Nu-wave Oven: You could cook anything in this oven and the fat drips to the bottom. So technically its a healthy investment..


I love infomercials because they always add something in on the very end of the commercial just to close the deal and you can't beat a good deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment