Monday, November 29, 2010

Dramatic but Anti-Climatic....

It was the day before Thanksgiving. I was letting my homemade bread rise before the big Thanksgiving meal the next day. David and I were watching 'Did You Hear About the Morgan's?' on Netflix when low and behold I saw something crawling across my wall. Anyone want to guess what it was?

dang gecko!! 

I honestly don't remember if I told David there was a gecko or just pointed to it. But this is what happened:
I put down the computer and then started a series of: "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH,OH MY GOSH,OH MY GOSH!" (During this series of "OH MY GOSH," I had gotten up and ran to the cabinet to get a cup and to get the can of Raid, I knew what to do this time.) While continuing to say, "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!"  I ran back to wall and David was standing there with his arm out waiting for me to hand him the cup.

The gecko had gone behind the picture and David stood there waiting on it to come out. The only brilliant thing that I could say at the time was, "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH." However, in my mind I was yelling at David to move to the picture, don't just stand there!! I was also trying to figure out how we were going to get the gecko. I had the spray can ready, but when I sprayed the gecko would David have to catch it with the cup? Or would it land behind all of my beach stuff and get away? On the contrary, I never expressed any of this to David because I sounded like a broken record with the ever so popular OH MY GOSH phrase. 

Within seconds the gecko had come out from behind the picture and David captures it in the cup. He then asked for a sheet of paper (that way he could slide it between the wall and the cup). I franticly went searching for a sheet a paper and decided to change my OH MY GOSH phrase to A PIECE OF PAPER phrase. After running around my apartment saying "A PIECE OF PAPER, A PIECE OF PAPER, A PIECE OF PAPER, A PIECE OF PAPER," I finally handed a piece of paper to him and watched anxiously as David slid the paper between the cup and wall. 

Could it be this easy? 

Is this gecko really going to be caught on the first try?

I didn't have high hopes. As I held my breath, David slowly moved the cup away from the wall and he had the gecko! My next thought was, What do we do now? (I don't think clearly during gecko situations)  David headed to the door and I started up another round of OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH as I opened the door for him. I told him to through the gecko off the balcony and I haven't seen the gecko since. 

Score:

Gecko:2     Anna: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment