Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bucket List...

Have you ever seen the movie Sleepless in Seattle? I love that movie. I actually love any movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in it together. (You've Got Mail)

Anyways, there is a part in the movie where Tom Hanks is telling the radio host about what made his wife so special.

"She could peel an apple... in one long, curly strip. The whole apple."

Later on in the movie, Meg Ryan is sitting in her kitchen listening to Tom talking about his wife and she is peeling an apple in one long strip.

I have no idea how old I was when I first saw the movie, but ever since the first time I watched it I wanted to peel an apple in one long strip. Now, I know that might sound ridiculous, but I have always wanted to do it. Every time I pick up a potato or apple to peel, I always try to peel it with one try. I have put it on my bucket list. The closest I ever got was peeling it into two strips.

Well, that was until today!! Today I planned on making mashed potatoes and I successfully peeled the potato in one long, curly strip! Like I said, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it made me so happy!

It's the little things in life that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment